Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas re-cap

So, Christmas was loads of fun for me this year (or last year, now). It was mine and Ethan's first Christmas living under the same roof and that made decorating much more exciting. Now, I didn't go all out and decorate the whole apartment or put lights up outside or anything. We just had a really small, simple tree- but it was gorgeous, if I don't say so myself!


I was already set on doing a white tree and was going to buy one that was around 4 or 5 feet tall, but then I found this little gem out in our garage in some stuff my aunt left for me when she moved. It was only 3 feet tall, but I think it was perfect. I decided to do pink and gold ornaments with white lights. I even found gold glittery "E" and "L" letters. I used a gold curtain panel that I had in my linen closet over the chest the tree is sitting on as a sort of skirt. I also did up my gifts in matching wrap.


I made gift tags using card stock, rubber stamps, scrapbooking letters, and paint sample cards.


And now I'm already thinking about next Christmas. I really like this silver Retro Tree from Grandin Road. It would be really cool with with red, green, and baby blue ornaments and corresponding paper like this vintage-style free printable paper from Mae. We shall see! I have plenty of time to figure it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment